• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help With a Reset & Root

Gregg123

Lurker
Apr 14, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have a HTC Wildfire S A510e, and as advised by HTC I need to perform a factory reset. They explained how to download HTC Sync, and basically said now you have this you can perform a back up of your data first.

However, looking at it this does not appear to be the case, I want to back up EVERYTHING!!

Please Note: I am a total idiot when it comes to these things. So, I found this app called MyBackup (the Free version) & I opened the main page hit New BackUp and backed up Applications & Media then Data - so is that everything backed up??

When I was asked Backup to - I selected Local (/mnt/sdcard) - so I am assuming here that everything is backed up to the SD card.

Can somebody confirm I have done the right thing and backed up EVERYTHING to the SD card. What should I do next simply remove the SD card and then hit the magical Factory Reset button?

Thanks ever so much for your help - as I said I am a total novice at this. One the reset is done, I want to root so that everything can be put onto the SD card, because I have had the age old memory problem. But one thing at a time!

Cheers,

Gregg

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Gregg!

I've moved your thread over here to the HTC Wildfire S forum where the folks that know your device best can help you out.

I kept it in the main Wildfire S area vs. the all-things-root forum since you wanted to tackle the reset issue first (it might be best to start a new thread in the Wildfire S - All Things Root area when you are ready with yor root question).

Cheers and best of luck!

:)

Reactions: Brian706 and DonB
Upvote 0
For none rooted phones I understand,"Helium" backup app is good.For rooted phones,"Titanium" backup app,which I've not used.I use CWM(Clockwork Mod Recovery) on my rooted phone and copy my SD card to my PC as well.
CWM is used from booting the phone and it's zip file must be left as-is on the SD card and loaded from the boot menu.
To get to the boot menu on my Samsung GT5830i you press the home button+Volume UP+Power button and then as the logo comers up release the Volume and Power buttons but keep the Home button depressed.Yours may be different so research that.

HTH :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hey Gregg!

Don't really know anything about MyBackup, but here's the Play Store link to Helium:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

It says it requires Android 4.0 and above, so maybe that's why you can't find it in the Play Market app on your device...:dontknow:

You should be able to view that link in a browser, though.

Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones