• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with albums

MikiSunshine

Jul 29, 2011
I love my ZTE but am having the devil's time trying to create new albums and move photos into them. At this point I dint care if they're on my external sd card our internal. I just want the photos separated my topic.

I managed to create the folders but can't seem to move the pictures. It's a mess. Can anyone help me out here?

I did download Quicpic but it's not allowing me to create folders either. I'm running Android 4.4.4.
This is because of the insane SD card restrictions that came with KitKat. Unless your phone is rooted, your only ways of making new album folders on your SD card and moving pictures into those album folders would be to, either connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable and use a tool like windows file explorer (or whatever you have) or use the stock file manager that comes pre-loaded as a system app.

Upvote 0
This is because of the insane SD card restrictions that came with KitKat. Unless your phone is rooted, your only ways of making new album folders on your SD card and moving pictures into those album folders would be to, either connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable and use a tool like windows file explorer (or whatever you have) or use the stock file manager that comes pre-loaded as a system app.

Why in the world would they do that? It makes no sense. Guess I'll have to figure something else out or live with it the way it is for now. I wish I could upgrade my ZTE to the latest Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones