• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Android email app

1amandroid

Lurker
Jun 21, 2012
Hello to everyone on the forums. This is my first post, so if I hope I'm making it in the right section.

Right now I'm using the latest Android update (4.0.4).

I have two mail accounts, one is Gmail, and one is from another provider. I set up the Gmail account using the default Gmail app, and the other email address on the default Email app.

I'd like to know if the default Email client supports push notification email, and in case it doesn't which client should I get (free). I saw that when I get emails an orange icon appears on the app icon, which tells me how many unread messages I've got, but I don't know if the app has a fetch setting and updates every once in a while, or it's constantly ready to receive mails.

I don't seem to be having trouble with the Gmail app... as soon as I get an email I instantly receive the notification in the notification bar (no changes to the Gmail app icon).
EDIT: I'm also experiencing some trouble with the Gmail app now. I only get the notification once in a while, don't get why.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones