HELP - with android firmware?

Last Updated:

1. tomwheldon

tomwheldon New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Both me and my girl friend have been out today and brought two HTC Heros. These units was 2nd hand (well by the looks of it new unwanted contract phones as they are in mint condition and have headphones etc still in bags)

Anyway, I got an unlocked hero, and she got a locked to the 3 network phone.

As soon as we got home we held down the menu+back+call button to do a reset on the phone just in case it had been used. We be both went through the basic screens, but my phone (unlocked one) said there was an update, it then ran off and grabbed the 2.1 android update, but my girlfriend didnt get this option, and she is still stuck on 1.5.

My phone now has the option to "check for updates" but her phone just lets her change the update settings to "notify when an update is available" but it still wont see the new 2.1. firmware/rom/android (or what ever its called)

How do I get her phone to update?

Tom

Advertisement
  2. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

It should get pushed to her phone automatically. Not all phones get updates at the same time. It might be a few days or tonight.

3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

If it's a 3 branded Hero then you'll have to wait a bit longer. 3 have not started the 2.1 roll out yet. Only unbranded Heroes have been fully updated. Is your updated Hero brown by any chance. The 3 branded Hero will be white.

T-Mobile have rolled out the 'preparatory' update but not the main 2.1 update on theirs.

4. tomwheldon

tomwheldon New Member This Topic's Starter

yes mine is brown and hers is white.......

Anyway I have an update on this issue. I checked this forum lastnight and got a link to a website to unlocking phones, I paid

5. TheBrit

Merely sim unlocking the phone will not allow you to pull down the update for an unbranded device. Look in the Hero forum about rooting.

6. TheBrit

7. smooches680

smooches680 Member

Help my name is Vienessa and i have the Sprint HTC Hero with the 2.1 android but when i had the 1.5 all my blue-tooth devices was working now the one that i really need wont work. What can i do fix that problem? ladyv680@yahoo.com

8. jaseism

jaseism Member

I had exactly this problem but managed to overcome it and now run 2.1.

I downloaded directly from the HTC website the update. Once installed it then gave me the option to download the rest of the updated.

The reason that I didnt have this option, was due to my Hero being an early one, running a very early Firmware. The later ones seem to get the updates pushed to them.