help with android gmail when roamingSupport

Last Updated:

1. r2406

r2406 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi im new to the android & so far im loving it - i have the galaxy s & quite happy with it.. Coming from blackberry my only question is..
    Why doesn

Advertisement
  2. YellowGT0

YellowGT0 Well-Known Member

Go to Settings> Wireless and network> >Mobile networks > And select Data Roaming.

3. r2406

r2406 New Member This Topic's Starter

No dude i get how to turn roaming on/of...
    i just want to know if i turn roaming off and im abroad how do i access old emails because my device doesnt seem to download emails it seems to check them live.. So if i have no network coverage for example my old email wont show and my android says "connection problem please retry" How can you set your phone to download all email so you can view them anytime with no network coverage or when your roaming etc.. Like the blackberry which always shows your email because they have been downloaded to your device..

I know this request might seem strange but i travel alot and always need to check my old emails.. My brother tells me i wont be able to view any emails without data wifi, network etc..

thanks for any help on this issue...

Ray (i dont want to go back to blackberry :C)

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Instead of using the gmail app, use the email app (comes with the phone) instead. I am not sure if that works with gmail (there shouldn't be any reason why it shouldn't though), but that app downloads the entire email onto your phone. It's quite slow though.