• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with apn

dixieweasel

Lurker
May 17, 2013
I just bought this galaxy s3 and am using with straight talk. I have talk and text and now it's time for internet. I followed the instructions to the add new APN but when I try to enter information it doesn't do anything. Is there some lock I don't know about? Hoping this is something simple. Thanks for any help.

I'm using an s3 on straight talk and att sim card, so if you're using a tmobile or unlocked sim, enter the correct settings into your new apn, not what I have.

On 4.1.1 at least -
Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN > Fill out the fields with the correct information, "Name" field can be anything > Once finished hit menu, then save, Select this new APN and you should be up and running.

On Att sims leave proxy and port empty, seems to work better. Cannot confirm if this is the same for tmobile or unlocked sims

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones