Help with ASTRO for AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been told that Astro file manager is a very useful app. The problem is that I'm a droid noob(two weeks) and when I go to use this app I have no idea what I'm looking at. If anyone could point me to a tutorial or give me some pointers I'd be very grateful.

Advertisement
  2. lawizard

lawizard Active Member

One of the best features of Astro is its ability to back up your apps. Once you open the app. Push the menu key. It will give you a series of options. First thing you can do is click on more. That will lead you to a list of options including Help. Help has information on just about everything you need.

Another choice once you've opened the app and pressed the menu key, is Tools. Tools gives you several options including Application Manager/Backup.Click on this and it will take you to a screen that shows your installed apps with the option of backing them up and your backed up apps.

I had to reset my Ally after installing this program and backing up the apps. It was simple for me to reinstall apps that I wanted right from the back up. Also I have apps that I don't want to keep on my Ally all the time and have them backed up via Astro on my SD card. When I need them, I can reinstall them, use them and then uninstall them. All the while the apps stay on my SD card for future use without causing the "Low on Memory" notice to pop up.

Hope this helps.

thedrizl likes this.
  3. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanx wizard. i also found the dev's quick start guide online and that helped a great deal.