• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help With Battery Life

S

sail4fun201

I'm frustrated with my battery life on my Inc, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm running SkyRaider 3.5 Sense with no mods and a week-old 1800mAH battery. Right now, here's where I'm at:

Unplugged for 8hr 20m
Awake for 93 min
Screen on for 62 min. (I listened to 10-15 minutes of music)
55% battery remaining

I have SetCPU profiles enabled pretty aggressively, and I don't want to use JuiceDefender because I don't like waiting to get email notifications and such.

Is there a kernel I could use that would let me have better battery life with the same performance? Anything? Do you guys have suggestions?

My battery life now isn't awful but I read about people who are using their batteries for 2 days or who have been unplugged for 9 hours and have 80% battery left, and I just wonder what's wrong with my phone...

Thanks

Edit: I was going to install this and see where it got me: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859337

Thoughts?

I have been using the latest Ziggy kernel. It has provided pretty good battery life. I was able to get better battery life on an AOSP ROM, but I'm currently addicted to sense so Sky Raider is now my ROM of choice. Currently I'm sitting at 7 hours off the charger and I'm at 78%. I sometimes get a little better life than this, but I would say this is about normal. I can easily make it through a day with about 30% left when I plug it in.

Upvote 0
I have been using the latest Ziggy kernel. It has provided pretty good battery life. I was able to get better battery life on an AOSP ROM, but I'm currently addicted to sense so Sky Raider is now my ROM of choice. Currently I'm sitting at 7 hours off the charger and I'm at 78%. I sometimes get a little better life than this, but I would say this is about normal. I can easily make it through a day with about 30% left when I plug it in.

Thansk for the tip. I'll try and flash the kernel when he comes out with the official one (not beta).

Upvote 0
I've just started using HeyIt'sLou's #4 Kernel. It isn't overclockable, which I'm fine with, but helps with battery and charging times. It's underclocked with the screen off by default to 245/245. As per Lou's advice using setCPU is NOT reccomended.

I also have the 1800 battery from HTC express and with normal use I can get at least 33+ hours. Light use (few texts, emails, FB, browsing) I can get over 48 hours. This was before flashing Lou's #4. As I just flashed it yesterday I haven't had enough time to determine how much improvement I'll get. I have noticed that the battery isn't draining as quickly (went to bed last night with 92% {shut off MobileNetwork, WiFI, sync, brightness @18%} and woke up to 90%) which was a lot better than ziggy's which was included in Warm 2.2 by default

Upvote 0
I've just started using HeyIt'sLou's #4 Kernel. It isn't overclockable, which I'm fine with, but helps with battery and charging times. It's underclocked with the screen off by default to 245/245. As per Lou's advice using setCPU is NOT reccomended.

I also have the 1800 battery from HTC express and with normal use I can get at least 33+ hours. Light use (few texts, emails, FB, browsing) I can get over 48 hours. This was before flashing Lou's #4. As I just flashed it yesterday I haven't had enough time to determine how much improvement I'll get. I have noticed that the battery isn't draining as quickly (went to bed last night with 92% {shut off MobileNetwork, WiFI, sync, brightness @18%} and woke up to 90%) which was a lot better than ziggy's which was included in Warm 2.2 by default

Let me know how it works out. I have to actually read up on how to flash a kernel (probably just open it in ROM Manager, right?)...

I think battery's been a little better now...
40% left at 11 hours unplugged
awake for about 2.5 hours, screen on for a little over an hour and a half.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones