• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with caller ID on contacts

jd1585

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
I have recently purchased the EVO. So far things are good, however, I noticed that sometimes when people that are in my contact lis call me. The number shows on caller ID but it doesn't display their image or name. Funny thing is, if they leave a voicemail, visual VM will display the name. Could it be that in my contacts the numbers are entered with dashes. EX 121-121-2222 but on caller ID they show up without dashes? Any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating.

Removing the dashes does not work. I have this problem too and have added the problem number with and without dashes and it still shows (unknown) when they call. Talk about annoying! I'm using Google voicemail, but not my Google number, I still use my regular one.

I've had my evo for 2 months and this just started, no apparent changes. I'm rooted, with omj Rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones