• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with connecting to net on my laptop using mobile AP

bambii

Lurker
Dec 14, 2010
Hi,

I used my galaxy s i9000 on my friends netbook to connect to the internet using the mobile AP in settings out of curiosity to see if it would work, it did work, although I remember us having to make a new connection because using the connection that popped up wasn't working but I can't remember what we did. We just fluked it tbh.

I'm trying to connect the internet on my laptop running vista using mobile AP and it gets past the point of where I put my pass code in then tries to connect and says the wpa authority has timed out or something. Tethering is active, I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Anybody have any idea how I can get it to work? Any help is much appreciated ^_^

Hi,

I used my galaxy s i9000 on my friends netbook to connect to the internet using the mobile AP in settings out of curiosity to see if it would work, it did work, although I remember us having to make a new connection because using the connection that popped up wasn't working but I can't remember what we did. We just fluked it tbh.

I'm trying to connect the internet on my laptop running vista using mobile AP and it gets past the point of where I put my pass code in then tries to connect and says the wpa authority has timed out or something. Tethering is active, I don't know if that has anything to do with it?

Anybody have any idea how I can get it to work? Any help is much appreciated ^_^

in 2.1, the phone will give you the code when you turn on mobile AP. on the computer, click on connection, right click on samsung galaxy s, click property and there input the code which the phone supplied. thre you'll be connected. however, in froyo (2.2), there is no more code, just turn on the mobile ap on the phone, on your laptop, search for samsung galaxy s in connection and then click connect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones