1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Help with Corporate Email!.

1. rleggs

rleggs New Member

Anyone have problems with setting up their Corp.Email on the Vibrant? I keep getting an error message, "unable to connect to server' when I enter the domain/server/password settings...I double checked with my IT dept, they say its fine on their end...

THoughts?

Thx

Advertisement
  2. vuvision

vuvision Well-Known Member

Outlook or Enterprise?
  3. rleggs

rleggs New Member

enterprise, i think, does it matter?I need to syn my outlook calendar too..
  4. robo21

robo21 Well-Known Member

Under "username" for incoming and outgoing mail try using your entire email address. See if that doesn't help. It did in my case for my POP3 email.
  5. vuvision

vuvision Well-Known Member

Yes it matters, you need to confirm this first.

If it's for Outlook, I suggest to ditch the default email app and head over to the market and DL the K-9 Mail app.

How to Sync your Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar and Android Phone Calendar
    http://www.androidtapp.com/how-to-s...r-google-calendar-and-android-phone-calendar/

For contact I've been using a 3rd party app gSyncit dated back to my G1 days. Works great!
  6. rbcamping

rbcamping Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem, it wont sync with my outlook? I keep getting a message that it cannot connect with server. I can connect from the computer just fine. :confused:
  7. rleggs

rleggs New Member

I don't get the incoming/outgoing option? ..here is what I get/do..

1.company email address/password
    2. click 'manual setup'
    3.next screen asks what type of account is this?
    I click on 'exchange account'
    4.for domain\username : my org's domain name\ username [login] in this format [with the backslash..]
    5. Password- my login password I use
    6. Exchange server: email.company.org is what I type..
    7.check boxes in: use secure SSL & accept all SSL certs.

I then get the message " Setupe could not finish" cannot connect to server..
  8. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

You need to setup Exchange permissions to do this. I tried to use My Vibrant to log onto my work e-mail address and got the same error. The Tech guy here said it will not work because I was trying to log into My work Server using T-Mobiles ISP.This is where the "Exchange" comes in. Either through your works ISP and T-Mobiles ISP or both you need to set up this kind of permission. I was able to get my work e-mail only when i was using my works WIFI connection.
  9. tigger12486

tigger12486 New Member

MINE WAS WORKING ON MY rAZR mAXX BUT then it just stopped working at random it says hux email engine has stopped