Help with custom recovery

1. juchito

juchito Active Member

I have a Lg optimus m (2.2 stock) i root the phone with gingerbreak v1.20 and is rooted, Superuser is there and working. I download the custom recovery and put it in the sdcard, when i open the android terminal emulator i type su and work then i type just like it say in the post (flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-optm-2.2.1-GNM.img) I try like this also lower case and always say not found. What is wrong???

Advertisement
  2. brooklyn227

brooklyn227 Well-Known Member

I believe you can use rom manager for the optimus m, I used to use an app called recovery manager to flash back and forth between 3 or 4 recovery images on mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h3uo0wwmmthlwo/RecoveryManager_v0.37b.apk

hope this helps
    juchito likes this.
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

Brooklyn227 is correct; you can use ROM Manager on your OM. It will be the recovery for the Cricket version of the OM, but it's identical in every way. I can't remember the exact model number but it's something like LW690 instead of MS690. You will flash it twice (make sure you are on wifi to do it).
    juchito likes this.
  4. juchito

juchito Active Member

Thanks a lot it worked... I have another issue, After installing the custom recovery I went ahead and install cm7 by reppard, Everything seems good except that when I press camera to obviously take a picture it reboot the phone, Any idea how to fix this?
  5. brooklyn227

brooklyn227 Well-Known Member

Never had that problem, try this port maybe.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/517309-rom-sap-backside-cm7-2-port.html

It's about the most stable and up to date rom for the optimus m.
  6. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I remember having that problem occasionally. It also happened when I'd open and use Google Maps, sometimes. I think it's just a matter of small amount of RAM. The Reppards CM7 was the ROM of choice for me.