Help with custom rom Flash.

1. kjhanjee

kjhanjee New Member

I am thinking of flashing my Micromax a35 with stock Android 4.1.2 Rom of galaxy S3. I know it is not a custom rom but since it is not of my device can be considered as a custom rom rather than stock for my device. So regarding this my questions are as follows
    1.) Is this a good Idea?
    2.) My phone has no gps, so gps related app or os components should crash or will they take the whole os down with them?
    3.) Should I install Cyanogen mod (Galaxy Vibrant) instead of this?
    4.) Can someone give me a super detailed copy of instructions regarding rom flashing and clockwork mod with its working and installation?
    5.) Is there a way to remove gps from the settings of ICS rom and from the notification screen as well? in other words can we remove gps functionality from it altogether?

Thank you in advance and I am sorry if any of the above questions sound stupid. I have no idea regarding rom flashing(have never done it before), though I am a developer on android and wanted to switch to ICS.
    EDIT: No custom rom is available for my device and that is why I had to choose the galaxy s3 rom as an option.

Advertisement
  2. brownchm

brownchm Well-Known Member

If you go to xda forum when you download a rom it includes a step by step guide on hpw to flash it
  3. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Well-Known Member

You can't just flash any ROM onto any phone. You'd likely brick the phone. A custom ROM has to be developed specifically for a particular phone model. The Galaxy S3 has COMPLETELY different chips from the Micromax a35 (including a completely different quad-core CPU) so there is no way that a Galaxy S3-based ROM would work on a Micromax a35. I just did a quick search for custom ROMs for the Micromax a35. I didn't see any. It looks like people have only just recently even figured out how to root it and load a custom recovery onto it-- which would be the first thing needed before developers could start to create a custom ROM for the Micromax a35. It doesn't seem like a very popular phone so I wouldn't be surprised if nobody ever develops a custom ROM for it

Did you find a custom ROM that was developed specifically for the Micromax a35?

You may find the following of interest.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=38743625
    funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

^^^ this