Help with EVO Mail - Peak TimeSupport

Last Updated:

1. liveitlive

liveitlive Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

I have had my EVO for a week now and I can't put it down. I love almost everything about it, pretty awesome with the customizations especially coming from an iPhone that was so strict. The only thing I have come to dislike is the EVO mail. The only reason I have kept my iPhone is b/c when I receive mail it comes right then and there to my iPhone. The EVO however doesn't exactly do that. I have messed around with the downloading times and peak times. Still can't get it right. I have 4 to 5 email accounts but I really only need 2 to be constantly updated. Plus I know it can drain the battery. But I NEED to have my email ASAP on my primary account. Can someone help or give me ideas on what to do? What setting do you have with peak times and downloading times? I know there's some business users out there! I need to get rid of my iPhone!!! :)
    Thanks in advance.

-Krys

Advertisement
  2. stevehy

stevehy Well-Known Member

You need to specify if these are IMAP or POP accounts, then we can help. And which ones you need immediate access to.

3. liveitlive

Hmm, I'm going to go with POP and it's a gmail account...

OK...honestly I don't know. I didn't know I needed to know that. I had one of the mobile associates setup my email address for me when I got the phone and it's gmail. I just want to tweak the setting so I get my email at a reasonable time not 5 hrs later.

4. stevehy

If it

5. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

Going to piggyback on this thread as I'm in the same situation. I thought Gmail was push? I also have MobileMe, but wasn't expecting to take advantage of the push service on the Evo.

Just got mine last week and slowly learning the ropes. This forum has been extremely helpful in making the transition from an iPhone to an Evo.

6. stevehy

Gmail IS push. I also have mobile.me (which is also push). I have them all (IMAP accounts) set up in the HTC mail app as exchange accounts (so I only have to use 1 mail program). Alternatively, you could use K9 mail which has a unified inbox and does perfectly with push accounts and POP accounts both. It is free in the market.

B Allen likes this.
  7. B Allen

B Allen Active Member

Ok, I think that is where I made the setup mistake - I don't believe I set them up as Exchange accounts. Thanks for your help - hope this helps the OP as well.

8. liveitlive

Yea...oh my. I think I'm just going to delete everything and start over. thx.

9. stevehy

Glad to help and hope this fixes your problem. If it doesn't ask again as there are many knowledgeable people on the forum to help.

10. liveitlive

One more question. When I go back to setup gmail. Can I set it up as exchange? Is there some website/link where there's a tutorial?

11. stevehy

No, you can only use the stock HTC mail app for exchange, if you do, turn off notifications in gmail. When you first set this up it can take a while to sync. You might want to look at K9 mail as it is very easy to use and setup.