Help with Fennec

1. Meesta_Hajj

Meesta_Hajj New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have tried to compile and build Fennec manually using the instructions on the MozillaWiki (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#Download_Source_Code )? One of my projects at work was to do that, but I ran into problems and was never actually able to build it.

I also tried downloading the Ubuntu 10.04 VM that was mentioned in a link (Android Development VM Brad's blog) on the MozillaWiki which supposedly had all the necessary files to make the apk file. Unfortunately, when all was said and done, it generated a .tar.gz file instead of the .apk file that I could push unto my phone.

Anyway, has anyone here had any luck with getting it to work?

Thanks in advance,

Meesta_Hajj

(btw, sorry if this was the wrong section to post this...if it is than can a mod move it plz? :D)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Meesta_Hajj

Meesta_Hajj New Member

*Bump*

Any help would be great! Has anyone tried to do it before?

Meesta_Hajj
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

what was in the tar file?

.apk is really just a zip container (as is tar.gz), so I wonder if you could just rename it or create a seperate apk and replace files in there
  4. Meesta_Hajj

Meesta_Hajj New Member

Hi Alostpacket,

I can tell you that there was no androidmanifest.xml, or any other such files that I would normally find in a .apk. Just to be sure, I did rename it and try to install it but it told me it was "not a valid zip file." Thanks for the help though :).

Meesta_Hajj
  5. Meesta_Hajj

Meesta_Hajj New Member

*Bump*

Has no one else tried to compile Fennec before =[?

Meesta_Hajj