• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with file and folder info!!!!

I:thinking:ihave two questions. First, can i delete all "apk" files or are some needed? I have an SD manager and it is supposed to delete all "apk" and other trash files and folders. It tells me that my SD is clean but i still have some "apk". Are these ok, or can i delete them? Second, what is the folder labled "DCIM" dedicated to. It is full of my gallery thumbs. Is that what this folder is dedicated to? Any help is apreciated.

DCIM stands for digital images. It's an industry-standard folder for where camera pictures go. Same folder name is used on sd cards in digital cameras.

You should not be deleting apk files at random. If an apk is on your SD card, then it installed there, and it's best to remove those by uninstalling via main settings, Applications, Manage applications.

Android isn't like other phone operating systems, so just deleting apps isn't going to tune your phone for speed like on others.

Please proceed cautiously, let us all here help you achieve your goals for best results.

Can you elaborate on the issues you are needing to solve?

Welcome to the forums! :)

Reactions: peacemaker1277
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones