• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with FoxFi-PDA net

grizz100

Lurker
Jan 19, 2014
We just received a new phone and can't get Foxfi to work. I'm not very handy with any of this so hoping someone can give me some things to try.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy nexus. Operating system is android 4.2.2 PC runs windows 7. Carrier is Verizon.

I loaded foxfi on the phone. It will tether to pc fine. However, it will "see" the wi fi connection on the pc, but it will not connect to the internet. Shows good signal, but when go to connect it will not do so. This same phone and foxfi shows up and connects fine to our google tablet.

And this same foxfi connection works fine on this same computer from our other phone.

So based on the above, the fact that it works with the tablets and such, I'm thinking there must be something not connecting properly on the computer end???? So I'm hoping someone might have some easy to follow steps to walk thru and help solve the mystery. Thanks in advance.

Does foxfi work when sharing with wi-fi hotspot? How about if you connect your PC using USB connection?

I have Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and still running on 4.1.1, I have been putting off the update to 4.2.2, since I don't know if foxfi (wifi hotspot) would work after the upgrade..

Any luck with yours?

Upvote 0
Does foxfi work when sharing with wi-fi hotspot? How about if you connect your PC using USB connection?

I have Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and still running on 4.1.1, I have been putting off the update to 4.2.2, since I don't know if foxfi (wifi hotspot) would work after the upgrade..

Any luck with yours?

I did get it working. It seems to have been some glitch on the computer end. I did the 4.2.2 update and all has worked fine-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones