Help with Galaxy S VibrantSupport

Last Updated:

1. pauliev

pauliev New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from Virgin Mobile. I hope someone can help me with these questions. I have a Mac with OS10 Snow Leopard. I am able to get my Mac to see the phone in Bluetooth File Transfer, but all I see are various folders. I don’t know what ones to my music and videos in. Also, what video formats will my phone play? I’d also like to know if there is a better way to get my Mac and phone connected better?
    Is there a way I can turn off data when I am not near WiFi to avoid overusage?
    How can I back up any of the apps I download onto the phone?
    How do I update the Android OS from 2.1 to 2.2 etc.?
    How can I remove some of the apps factory installed (ex. Bell PVR – I don’t even have Bell)?
    Is there somewhere I can find tutorials on how to do various things with this phone?
    Thanks, Paul.

Advertisement
  2. aamir147

aamir147 Member

If you want to turn data other than wifi then download apn from the market. The vibrant does have 2.2 yet but updates can be got from settings menu or a program called kies from samsung vibrant company page. You can use a USB cable to connect to comp and transfer files I feel it's very easy and accessible, you can backup apps and settings using app called mybackup pro from market place. It's a great app no comp needed just place backup file on sd card or online database. Music I believe you can pit anywhere as long as you remember to search for it there when needed but I'm not sure since I haven't really used the player. Did you come from iPhone? I'm new to android too, from iPhone left it 2 weeks ago. Anything else I'll try to help.

3. pauliev

pauliev New Member This Topic's Starter

this is my first smartphone. I used to have a samsung gravity 2 texting phone. I'll have to check for the apps you mentioned. However, i don't think Kies will work, I use a Mac computer. The samsung site only seems to support PC.

4. aamir147

aamir147 Member

if kies does not support mac then u may have trouble updating when it comes time but you can always check the settings menu for updates. Sometimes they send the updates over the air meaning thru wifi or 3g

5. kool-aid-man

kool-aid-man New Member

my phone wont register/mount my sd card. helpppp meeee D: