• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Galaxy S3 I9300 International (unrooted)

Nico1983

Jan 4, 2016
Hello guys, been trying to fix my phone and went to several forums with no positive results. I hope someone here may help me.
Phone decided to stop booting, gets stuck at that page where in white letters it says the model and all (before the samsung logo).

Went into recovery mode: failed to mount...etc lots of errors in red.
Did wipe cache, factory reset and still no booting.

Installed Kies and tried to update firmware using download mode, Kies downloads perfectly but when installing it gets stuck at 0%. Happens with older and new version of Kies.

Decided to take a step forward and I download ODIN and a ROM from samsung website from country UNKNOWN since I don´t know which one to select (phone came from USA unlocked and I am using it in Argentina).
So, Odin detects the phone, but fails with this message:
  • <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
  • <ID:0/003>
  • <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
  • <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Tried with Odin v.3.10.7 and later with v.3.185 and same error appears.

I have read that this may mean a motherboard issue? Is my phone able to be saved by me and my computer?

I really have no idea what to try next. Phone is no longer under warranty and I really don´t have the bucks to pay for a repair.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and posts a reply.
Nico

sure, here they go...sorry for the out of focus but the lines go by pretty quickly.

Any ideas why this has happened? It just came off like this while charging...came back and it was stuck in the boot sequence.

thanks Dynomot!

Attachments

• PB200144.JPG
    PB200144.JPG
    391 KB · Views: 276
  • PB200145.JPG
    PB200145.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 245
  • PB200148.JPG
    PB200148.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 218
  • PB200150.JPG
    PB200150.JPG
    549.3 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0
and the complete ODIN error also attached. I have unistalled KIES and did a registry clean with AdvSysCare before installing ODIN.
The drivers are all the latest, and the cable is the original (also tried with different ports, and different cables -that are not original-). Same result.

Attachments

• odin error.jpg
    odin error.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Reactions: Nico1983
Upvote 0
Jfalls63> yup, did all of that. Was surprised (and happy) when Kies detected my phone and started downloading, but 3 hours waiting and looking at a 0% in the installation page, told me that the solution wasn´t gonna be that easy.

Dynomot> I am pretty sure it´s a GT-I9300...it says it on the sticker in the back, and on that screen in white letters while booting. What I´m not so sure is what firmware would be wise to install, since I´m pretty sure a phone bought through Amazon in USA didn´t use an Argentine firmware. I have downloaded last night the BTU MK6 ROM from Sammobile, could that work? If ODIN goes through the first error, and I get to install a ROM that wasn´t from the CSC of my phone....what could happen?
(tried to contact the seller, asking for the country code of my phone...but no answer).

I have also read that I might need to use a PIT file first or two boothchain files, but the explanations and accesibility to boothain files are somewhat less than for flashing ROMS, and I would be doing it blindly and crossing my fingers (surely the outcome will be a bricked phone).

I am already downloading the ROM you sent. Will let you know what ODIN says.

Upvote 0
nope, it still doesn´t boot :(

And btw, I forgot to mention, when i plug in the charger while it´s off, no vibration as before...but a battery appears (nice...) but it doesn´t move as before with the green bar going up and down, it just stays there all grey.

I guess it just needs a jumpstart someway to get it back to life?

Just read your 2nd post Jfalls, will try it now with Odin 3.10

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I attach the error in Odin 3.10 (same for both ROMs, BTU and ANC)

(I plug the phone in after it says Leave CS (5th line)...is that OK?), I read somewhere to do it this way.
Should be OK. I usually connect as soon as I open Odin. The fail after Nand Write Start seems to be the issue. Same as earlier pic of Odin.

The way Kies selected and downloads firmware is based on the model and SN you enter. It was probably also getting hung up on Nand Write but unable to tell. Not sure what to try next.

Reactions: Nico1983
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones