Help with Galaxy S4 featuresSupport

1. luke87gt

luke87gt New Member

Hi everyone, I recently switched from an Iphone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S4 (both with ATT).

Overall the Samsung is a great phone, but there are a few things that I am trying to solve. I hope you guys may have some ideas and steer me in the right direction:

1.) Auto scroll up. If you are on a lengthy web-site, and you want to scroll up quickly, how do you do it with the S4? With the Iphone, you simply tap the top of the screen.

2.) I love the swipe feature to delete old texts and emails on the Iphone. Is it possible to get this with the S4? At a minimum, how do I delete multiple emails/texts at the same time?

3.) MMS, why is it so terrible with the S4? It takes far too long to attached images and you are limited to how many images you can attach. Even when I resize the images, I can't seem to attach more than 3 pics at a time!

4.) When texting, sometimes I want to get rid of the keyboard so I can see more of the text that's already been sent. With the Iphone you simply tap the upper half of the screen and the keyboard disappears. Why can't I get rid of the keyboard with the S4? The only way I have found to do it is to hit the "back" key and then go back to the text icon. That's lame.

Any solutions for these annoyances?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

1) The only way I know of is to just swipe, up or down, real fast.

2) If your using the stock email, you long press each email until it turns gray I believe, my phone is off right now. Then press the menu button and select your option.

3) Not sure on this one. I'm using a 3rd party app and I usually only send one picture in a SMS.

4) Press and hold down the menu button, this should minimize the keyboard.
  3. luke87gt

luke87gt New Member

Thank you for the reply.

That solves #4!

But I am quite disappointed that it doesn't look like there is a solution for the first three.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Doess the touch function disappear when you use smart scroll? If not, what stops you from scrolling quickly with a finger?

Fully possible in GMail. Multiple selection is possible both in GMail and Messaging.

Because Apple uses a custom solution that is not compatible with anything else.

just tap anywhere outside the text box and it disappears - too difficult?

The only solution is learning to use the phone. Sorry to be blunt, but these are not annoyances. You are trying to use this as if it was your iPhone and it is not, never will be. If things like this are something you cannot overcome,, you might need to exchange S4 for an iPhone 5.

Mate, read the manual, you might lear something about the device you bought!

5. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

to answer #1, use Air Gesture and swipe your hand up or down over the screen while at a webpage. It will jump one screen at a time if you have Air Jump turned on. Settings, Motions and Gestures, Air Gesture, Air Jump
  6. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member Contributor

For #1, if you are using Chrome as your browser, you can just touch the tab at the top and it instantly scrolls back to the top of the page you are on. At least that's how it works on Android tablets, I will have to test to be sure on the S4.