Help with gmail settingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What does it mean when it says " Sync 4 days"? And which should I choose? My options are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc or none? I use both email apps and the "mail" app lets me choose how often I want the phone to sync, but the gmail app with the days doesn't make any sense to me! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Sync for X days will sync emails from that many days. So if you set it to 7, you will only see emails from the last 7 days. Emails older than that will not show up. You can still search for those emails however.

As far as Gmail vs Mail app, if you are using Gmail account, you should use the Gmail app. The Mail app is mainly for other types of email accounts. It still works with Gmail, but it wont get emails to you as fast, and you have less options.

3. lillygirl7

Thank you Sitlet That's what I was logically thinking, but when I looked how far back my emails went, they went weeks back even though the setting was on 4. When I change the settings around nothing happens either so it must be a weird bug with mine?

4. lillygirl7

Oh yeah I was going to add that the reason why I use both is because I can copy and paste from the mail app. Wth gmail? ? ?

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hmmm, yea i just checked mine, set to sync 7 days, and I have emails from 2 weeks ago. Maybe that setting only works if you manually sync your email, not have it push.