Help with handcent SMSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Gtish99

Gtish99 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just installed handcent and it works great. The only thing is i get double the messages. I get one to my handcent and one to my default messaging app. I dont think i can uninstall the default program and i tried messing around with settings but still nothing..

Anyway i can turn off the messages going to my default messaging app? \

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Did you use the Search? Cuz I know I just saw the answer to this one, but can't remember the thread title. It was a simple solution too. Sorry I don't remember though. Something bout disabling Notification somewhere.

3. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

4. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

In short, turn notifications off for the stock messaging app.

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

As Lexus has said...currently, the only option is to disable the notifications from the native messaging application. It will continue to send and receive messages, you just won't know it, basically it's running the background.

6. Gtish99

Gtish99 New Member This Topic's Starter

How do i disable the notifications? Sometimes this phone is too confusing

7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Go in to the "Messaging" application, press "menu" and bring up your "Settings", uncheck the notifications in there.

8. jyoomoe

jyoomoe New Member

i have a situation where i was not receiving texts from handcent. i deleted some threads where the amounts were 100-150. turned off phone & rebooted. now its working. Is this a constant problem ?this is 2nd time this is happening. I dont know how to stop/prevent this. any help?

9. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I've also noticed something with Handcent that I'm unsure of how to adjust. When I get a message, it pops up on the screen and I reply to it. Only, after I hit send, it still shows as unread in the notification icon. Is there a setting that I missed somewhere enabling that?

10. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Let's toss this into the mix. I have tests sent from Verizon at a scheduled time, (jokes, factoids, etc) Since installing the latest handcent I get TWO of these each time. One has the type of message (v.fact, v.gossip, etc) the other is identical but it is sorted according to the number that it comes from (1111). It only happens to the messages sent from verizon (they come from 1111) and it didn't start happening until installing the new handcent version. It's only a minor annoyance but it does confuse me!

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I hope this doesn't get the developer blitzed with emails, but the dude was SO helpful! I emailed him via the market link, and he set me up with him on Google talk. He emailed me the beta of the latest release, and talked me through it. So, if this (or any other) thread isn't helpful, the Dev is. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk