Help with home screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sportsmen

Sportsmen Member This Topic's Starter

I hope this makes sense.. it is driving me crazy.

On the button of my home screen I have 4 main icons Even if you switch to another screen those 4 stay on the bottom of the screen.

How can I change those icons to different programs?!

Advertisement
  2. cluckkillerb

cluckkillerb Well-Known Member

You can't change them using Touchwiz, I think you can change them on the other Galaxy S phones :( You need to install Launcherpro or some other type of launcher.

3. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

the only thing i've found so far is handcent, which can be redirected as the default SMS for messaging button.

4. Sportsmen

''yes i have phone, contacts, messaging, applications"

I want to change it so messaging is handcent... or contacts was gmail....

so even when i move to a different home screen those are always ready for me to click on.

5. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

like the other guy said, you need to get launcher pro to edit the dock

6. Sportsmen

I am trying to figure out how to use launcher pro. It seems to delete all my icons, and gives me a near blank screen. I also do not have the usual 7 home screens.

If anyone has used this before and could give me some advice I would appreciate it.

Also will this kill my battery? More so then normal

thank you?

7. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I had launcher pro on my Moment. It doesn't cause significant loss of battery that I could tell (I have never heard that it does either) . I'm working off memory here, from the home screen select menu then customize (I think, I believe it is the upper left option that pops up). That will get you to the screens that allows you to modify LP. There is a ton of options. I would suggest you mess with it for a good few hours before you make you final decision on how you like it. The buttons along the bottom are called the "Dock". You can have 7 home screens and I think three flipable docks. You can change what the home button does too. I had it to bring me straight to the home screen. If I remember correctly, you could also decide which screen is your home screen as well. When you add a new launcher, it is usually blank, you have to decided how you want to set it up. If you long press on a dock item, you can change it. Don't get too frustrated, LP is very cool. Laucher Pro Plus (paid version) adds some cool widgets, play around with it, then if you like it upgrade to Plus.

8. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

The apps developer site should have info on how to use it. Plus, use google to get others review of it, at least to get an idea where to start customizing. Come back and let us know how you like it on the epic.