• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Hotspot/Foxfi on metro pcs LG Motion 4G?

kaylove

Lurker
Jul 10, 2014
I feel like I've tried everything. I've used my original hotspot on my LG Motion 4G before and it's worked fine. After that it's never worked again. Everytime I click to turn my hotspot on it just says its "turning on" and doesn't actually turn on. So I decided to download FoxFi and that doesn't work either. I click on the box to enable the hotspot, I get a green check, it says "Hotspot Ready" with the blue icon at the top of my phone. But not one of my devices can detect the hotspot. The SSID never pops up. So I've tried to type it in manually and it just says it can't connect. I've tried it with a password and without. I've rebooted my phone multiple times. I've installed and uninstalled the app multiple times. I've changed the password and SSID multiple times. I've disabled and forgotten my network before I enabled the FoxFi. I've tried Bluetooth mode and it still isn't detectable. I've also downloaded Pdanet+. And yes I believe I have a good connection running right now its says 4G. I'm trying to hotspot with my iPad Mini by the way. Any ideas? I really appreciate it, thanks.

Here are two screenshots. The first one is of when I try to use my regular hotspot and what it says but never actually turns on anymore. The second screenshot is of FoxFi and when I try to use it and what it says. My iPad never detects it.

35mf8yt.png

120m0q0.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones