1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

HELP with "How to get back to complete stock from s-off and 2.2"

1. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

How long did you wait? It should load that blue progress bar a couple times. The first time is just verifying the files. Takes about 5-10 minutes for it to complete the process. Makes sure you apply the s-on zip first.
  3. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I left it sitting there for like 10 minutes to let it do it's own thing. The blue bar filled up, then nothing. No prompt at all asking me to do something. And yeah, I applied s-on first thing.
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

5. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

6. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Follow that link I posted, steps to verify the md5 is in the second post. By verifying the md5 code it lets you know every file isn't corrupt. There is an md5 calculator in the market also. Just select your file and match the code with the one posted.

You should always verify md5 for things applied to your phone. Can prevent a brick and helps when troubleshooting issues with roms.
  7. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I followed it, and nothing changes. Every post I've tried and seen has the same process, but it just isn't working right for me. Everytime I get to Hboot, it reads the file, does whatever while giving me no prompts and then nothing else happens. I'm not sure if it's supposed to automatically reboot, but it doesn't. I manually go to reboot and my phone is still on UltimateDroid, not stock.
  8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

No it won't automatically reboot. It should just give you a prompt in red lettering in h-boot asking you to press volume up to apply the update. Did you verify the md5 hash for the pb31img.zip?
  9. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I get 0 prompts asking me about anything. It just automatically scans the file, then nothing. And I'm not sure where to put this .zip file for the md5 hash...
  10. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Mount your phone as a disk drive and after you install the md5 calculator right click on the file and it will give you the option to get the md5 hash
  11. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I can't install this thing? Is it because I use a Mac?
  12. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

Ok, so I just used Terminal on my mac for the md5 and got a77d25cbb23c388be4a410c08b81caeb
  13. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Download mand5 from the market, it takes longer to use but works well. It will seem to freeze your phone but give it a few minutes.
  14. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I just used Terminal on my mac for the md5 and got a77d25cbb23c388be4a410c08b81caeb
  15. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I used ManD5 and got the same thing.
  16. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Redownload the file from the link I posted, because I can confirm they work. Those md5's you got don't match the ones on the forum you linked to.
  17. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

Ok, I'm going to redownload and tell you the md5
  18. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

okay, you should get:
    784d7d55d987ed5afa7b10a30b402fb4
  19. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

Ok, I got that exact number. Now what?
  20. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

delete the other pb31img.zip if you haven't already and put the new one on the root of your sd card and boot back into hboot (don't have your phone plugged into your computer). and try to apply it.
  21. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I love you so much. haha. It worked like a charm. I guess I just had a bad file before. Thank you so much :)
  22. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

no problem
  23. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

New problem, sorry, I just want to know if you know what to do. It says

Preparing phone storage...
    Checking for errors...

and it won't go away.
  24. jordangulfin

jordangulfin Member

I connected the phone to my computer and it does not recognize the phone, only the SD card. it's been doing this since I started having problems with un-rooting and whatnot.
  25. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

i don't remember seeing that when i did it... but I didn't really watch it. It might take a while to complete that step.