• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with htc evo wireless tethering

jusblaize

Sep 27, 2010
andriod forums,

my htc evo is rooted, i have titanium backup and you need root for that application to work so my phone is rooted. i downloaded the wireless tethering app. succesfully but when i turn on tethering it the down speed stays at 0.4kB, 0.0kbps and the up speed stays at 0.1kB, 0.0kbps. it also used to pop up as a wireless connection but it wouldnt connect. now i just re-downloaded the app and it does the same exact thing but the wireless network doesnt show up. any suggestions?

justin

alright so i downloaded the 2.0.5 pre11 and i tried it, it didnt work

I had similar issues. So...try this: Delete ANY profiles you may have to the phone on the computer you are trying to connect to. Change the SSID to something different (I use droid) and then turn OFF any and ALL encryption on the EVO...then try and connect. If it works, then you may have some issue with the encryption...there are other threads that discuss this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones