• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with HTC Hero

Hey Guys ;)

This is my first post so please take it easy on me, right I have HTC Hero G2 and I want to install a screen shooting app ,I know you can do it through computer BUT I want inbuild app. I have done some reading :D and rooting comes up quiet alot ... :rolleyes: From what I have figured out I need to change the ROM as I have andriod 2.1. Righ ... can anyone recomend a app with out doing rooting and if not can someone point me right direction of weather its worth rooting or not ?

Thanks

Sorry about bad spelling :smokingsomb:

If you want to know about rooting the hero (what's involved, how to undo, etc) then you should visit the Hero All Things Root forum. Sorry can't provide a link as am on a phone app rather than a browser.

TBH it should be rather straightforward for the hero, and as the phone is out of warranty by now, I assume, there's no real downside. It's really a matter of whether you are comfortable with it - not everyone is, and no shame in that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones