1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with HTC People Widget on Hero

Last Updated:

1. metavenged

metavenged New Member This Topic's Starter

I dont know if i'm just plain dumb or what, but I set up the HTC People widget on my phone. Once you select a person to be a shortcut, I cant edit or delete them? I deleted the widget and tried starting fresh, but it remembered the first three I put in to begin with. Anyone know how to edit these, or even just wipe it clean, I wont screw it up next time lol. Any and all help would be amazing.:

Metavenged@gmail.com

kris

Advertisement
  2. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

Select and HOLD the contact and it yields a number of choices...one of which is edit.

3. metavenged

Thats part of the problem lol. I edited a contact after I made them a shortcut, because their cell was listed as work. So i switched it to work. Now i cant delete the shortcut out of the people widget or change it to be the shortcut to the cell or text option. I know how to edit a contact when looking at contacts ect...but within the widget...i cant change anything?

4. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, it's the widget you're trying to change.

Same principle, but go to the favorites tab of the People app (it's the second icon).

Select and hold to remove it...Click the plus sign at the top to add.

I think the action you really want is to edit the favorite, and change the default action.

5. metavenged

ah! i see it lol. Wasnt loading in favorites before...did a soft reset, and there they were. You rock man thanks. It was driving me NUTS!

6. squirrellydw

squirrellydw Well-Known Member

thanks, me to

7. prestonewayne

prestonewayne New Member

i know how to delete a favorite, but it keeps coming back. i will delete the favorite contact from the favorites list then go back to the people widget and that contact will disappear initially. time will elapse and suddenly that person will be back on my people widget AND my favorites list.

friend told me to check my Starred Contacts in my gmail contacts. i checked there and the list is my favorites list MINUS the contact i keep removing from my favorites.

any ideas?

8. powell

powell Well-Known Member

O.k., here is my question regarding the People widget (or Favorites).
    I would like to have two icons of the same contact, one for the calling, one for the text messaging. Is it possible?
    I can change the "Default action" for my favorite contact, but I cannot add the second instance of the same contact ....

9. samktc

samktc Member

I've got a similar request (and apologies as I can't give any help on the above :p).

I want to have 2 People widgets, side by side, eg one that I can scroll through for family, and one for friends. (This might even help those who want to keep work contacts separate.)

I've found some other widgets out there, but:
    - they aren't scrollable, so can only fit 4 names in one go.
    - the widgets don't look the same, which detracts from the overall look.

Does anyone know if there's a People widget v2, preferably exactly the same, but where I can add different favourites?

Cheers!

Sam

10. cali.duck21

cali.duck21 New Member

you can change the default widget action by going into your people then selecting the person you want to edit. From there it's menu>more>set widget action

cheers