• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help with i9000 please!!!!

Hi everyone. I recently got myself a galaxy s i9000 im really pleased with the phone and glad i got rid of iphone. Today i purchased an sd card for thehandset. When the guy installed it rather than wipeing the external sd he wiped the internalnsd. This means ive lost all my photos and videos of my newborn baby :-(( . A few of the photos remain on my desktop in photoframes and one as the background, so they must be saved somewhere still, right? Is there any app or method of recovering them i want them back so bad!!!!! Thanks a bunch

Upvote 0
Ok 1st of all STOP using your phone and more importantly adding files to it till you get the files recovered. Even though the card is formatted files can still remain on the card. BUT they will be erased if you write more stuff onto it. So best way is not to take chances.

Now what method you adopt is dependent upon how important are the pics. You can connect your phone to the pc and use some software like "Recovermyfiles" and check if it can recover some files. I am optimistic you would get results.

Otherwise you can also visit proffesionals who generally have better tool to extract data but they might be costly.

Upvote 0
Hi elkington_i9000,

I figured this out, but didn't find any one post that addressed it from start to finish. I had to do a hard reset last night when I couldn't access anything on the phone..the equivalent of the BSOD. I didn't want to lose about two weeks worth of photos of my nearly three year old daughter. I was able to mount my phone's internal SD on my pc. See tip #8 here (very easy). 10 essential tips Galaxy S users should know(1) | CareAce You might still be able to recover those photos....even though it's been a month since your post (I'll want to see a pic if this works for you. ;)

Everything I had ever taken, photo, video, audio was still on my card even though most had been deleted months ago. So after prepping your phone for mounting. You can try either of these...I tried several...(I was obsessing about this last night.) Five Best Free Data Recovery Tools PhotoRec worked nicely for all types of files, but no pretty GUI. Stellar Pheonix Photo Recovery will allow you to pull music and photos, but no video. It does have a nice GUI and gives you thumbnail previews of the files. This costs $39.00. The scan is free though, so you might do that first just to confirm you're seeing the files that you actually want and then you can use PhotoRec to actually recover them (it would take another full scan though...PhotoRec is faster than Stellar). I had to run PhotoRec twice to get it to find the files...first time didn't find much for some reason...probably an incorrect setting on my part. I tried Recuva from the Lifehacker site and only found a handful of my files. You might try that one as well.

Every png, bmp, midi, and just about any other file was available too...so you might find some other things you're looking for.

Anyway, all my files are happily on my PC...now I just have to reinstall all my apps. :(

Good luck!

Brad

Upvote 0
Hi elkington_i9000,

I figured this out, but didn't find any one post that addressed it from start to finish. I had to do a hard reset last night when I couldn't access anything on the phone..the equivalent of the BSOD. I didn't want to lose about two weeks worth of photos of my nearly three year old daughter. I was able to mount my phone's internal SD on my pc. See tip #8 here (very easy). 10 essential tips Galaxy S users should know(1) | CareAce You might still be able to recover those photos....even though it's been a month since your post (I'll want to see a pic if this works for you. ;)

Everything I had ever taken, photo, video, audio was still on my card even though most had been deleted months ago. So after prepping your phone for mounting. You can try either of these...I tried several...(I was obsessing about this last night.) Five Best Free Data Recovery Tools PhotoRec worked nicely for all types of files, but no pretty GUI. Stellar Pheonix Photo Recovery will allow you to pull music and photos, but no video. It does have a nice GUI and gives you thumbnail previews of the files. This costs $39.00. The scan is free though, so you might do that first just to confirm you're seeing the files that you actually want and then you can use PhotoRec to actually recover them (it would take another full scan though...PhotoRec is faster than Stellar). I had to run PhotoRec twice to get it to find the files...first time didn't find much for some reason...probably an incorrect setting on my part. I tried Recuva from the Lifehacker site and only found a handful of my files. You might try that one as well.

Every png, bmp, midi, and just about any other file was available too...so you might find some other things you're looking for.

Anyway, all my files are happily on my PC...now I just have to reinstall all my apps. :(

Good luck!

Brad
am i right by saying you factory reset your phone to it's original state (as you had it out of the box?) i have a similar issue and need to recover hundreds and hundreds of pictures from my phone.
i wasnt to clarify things before i do anything drastic to the phone

thanks for any help brad

Upvote 0
am i right by saying you factory reset your phone to it's original state (as you had it out of the box?) i have a similar issue and need to recover hundreds and hundreds of pictures from my phone.
i wasnt to clarify things before i do anything drastic to the phone

thanks for any help brad

Yes, I did a 3 Button Factory Hard Reset to it original state. All the media files were recovered. Apps and settings were of course lost, but that was a secondary concern. After the reset, I immediately started recovery efforts. i.e. I did not download any new apps, or files as I didn't want to risk overwriting my data. Hope that helps. B

Reactions: Vampiress
Upvote 0
well at this point i can't think what else i have to loose.

i did test the software on the laptop because i had to format that too this week lol......i should stay away from technology at the minute.

well i pray to god this works because i just rest the phone and it's now on.:eek:

now for the hard work of getting all the pictures recovered.

edit:
OMG i can't believe it. i reset back to factory condition (ie as it looked when i pulled it out of the box) and all folders are there, everything. all stuff still on there.
every i'd ever taken was there....phew.
LMAO i even have new sample pics on there and sample videos i didn't have before.
i can't believe i panicked all day and i should have done this first thing this morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones