• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with installing Skype

doug44

Jul 30, 2011
I guess like many here I installed Skype then later uninstalled it. Now my problem is, I want to reinstall it but it won't install & like others have stated here reports I am out of memory and or don't have enough memory which is not true. It is not listed as an installed app but there must be residue like a directory for skype still and another thread here gave a way to uninstall it with a rooted phone but my Infuse 4 is not rooted.

Is there a way I can somehow get into the phone command path and delete the directory etc.. apparently unless you can remove the old Skype directory which does not show in my un-rooted phone I am out of luck :thinking: HELP if there is any way without rooting my phone. It looks like unless I am able to get this old skype directory removed I am done running Skype again unless I root and I don't want to do this.

Thanks Doug

I guess like many here I installed Skype then later uninstalled it. Now my problem is, I want to reinstall it but it won't install & like others have stated here reports I am out of memory and or don't have enough memory which is not true. It is not listed as an installed app but there must be residue like a directory for skype still and another thread here gave a way to uninstall it with a rooted phone but my Infuse 4 is not rooted.

Is there a way I can somehow get into the phone command path and delete the directory etc.. apparently unless you can remove the old Skype directory which does not show in my un-rooted phone I am out of luck :thinking: HELP if there is any way without rooting my phone. It looks like unless I am able to get this old skype directory removed I am done running Skype again unless I root and I don't want to do this.

Thanks Doug

You still have this problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones