• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with internet settings needed ASAP please..

smulx

Oct 2, 2010
I just bought one of these that has been unlocked from 3 and I'm using it with a Virgin Mobile sim card. I've put the following virgin settings in..

Setting up the Device

1. On the device, press the Menu key.
  2. Select Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
  3. Press the Menu key and select New APN.
  4. Select Name, enter Virgin Enhanced and press OK.
  5. Select APN, enter goto.virginmobile.uk and press OK.
  6. Select Proxy, enter 193.30.166.4 and press OK.
  7. Select Port, enter 8080 and press OK.
  8. Enter the user name and password listed below. If no value is listed, leave the field blank.
    • User name: user
    • Password:
  9. Select APN type, select internet.
  10. Press the Menu key and select Save.
  11. Select Access Point Names
  12. Press the radio button next to Virgin Enhanced to set the profile as default.
  13. Press the Home key.
  14. Slide open the applications menu and select Browser.
  15. Press the Menu key and select More > Settings > Set home page.
  16. Enter Virgin Portal and press OK.
The settings are saved and the service is ready for use.
it wont work though. As soon as I open the browser it says http://www.mobile.three.co.uk/hb/hutchkey cannot be displayed, even though I've changed the homepage to the virgin one. If I try to navigate to any other page I get the same error. Hope someone can help as if I can't get it working, I'll have to return in.

Thanks.

Hi just updated to 2.1 eclair version, I have no internet, I have gone to
  1. Menu key.
  2. Select Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
  3. but cannot select new APN, i assume the MENU key is the centre button, nothing happens, tried all buttoons cannot create new APN
Phone my service provider who has sent settings twice, not rcieved??

Please help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones