• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with kernals

First of all welcome to the forums, there are already many threads talking about kernels on this forum but I will answer your question. Kernels vary from phone to phone, a kernel that is good on my phone may not be good on yours, a good one to start with though is the one in my signature, it is one a lot of people use here. If it makes your phone start messing up such as random reboots or screen tearing or anything out of the ordinary try the same one just with less HAVS, if the problems continue use the same one with no HAVS. In general you want to stay away from SBC kernels some people like them but they have been know to mess things up pretty badly. Also if you do look for other kernels make sure it is one built for Sense and not AOSP.

Reactions: ealcalde89
Upvote 0
First of all welcome to the forums, there are already many threads talking about kernels on this forum but I will answer your question. Kernels vary from phone to phone, a kernel that is good on my phone may not be good on yours, a good one to start with though is the one in my signature, it is one a lot of people use here. If it makes your phone start messing up such as random reboots or screen tearing or anything out of the ordinary try the same one just with less HAVS, if the problems continue use the same one with no HAVS. In general you want to stay away from SBC kernels some people like them but they have been know to mess things up pretty badly. Also if you do look for other kernels make sure it is one built for Sense and not AOSP.

thanks man, i was thinking about using that kernal you suggested because i have seen it a lot in the forums. just wanted to get a little more info on it.
thanks again il flash that kernal now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones