• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Kies!

:thinking: KIES – the best synchronising software on the market, its slick, quick and beautifully made, then again I’ve been a compulsive liar all my life. Had my SGS2 since last September and from day one I’ve been trying to synch my phone to it with no luck at all. That’s 6 months wasted of my life, what for you ask, well when anything in life defeats my judgement I half to keep on trying till I amend the problems, well on this occasion I’ve given up 110%. Well 2 nights ago I had this wet dream that KIES would work if I uninstalled it and tried again. Well to my surprise it didn’t work, again, installing device drivers it says, this might take several years it says, then after what seemed a life time a message appeared “installation aborted” lol I just started crying and opened a 6 pack of diet coke. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone reply to my message and don’t just view it. I even tried KIES via wifi on my phone and that didn’t work, I only tried to install it for ICS, whenever that’s released, I read 01/03/12 and it’s now 05/03/12 and still waiting. If it doesn’t come out soon I’m going to wait until CM9 is stable, the beta CM9 looks excellent apart from you can’t synch it to the lappy “YET”. :mad:

Now that's a little bit too big. How about keeping font size the same as I have? The normal size?

Anyway, I got mine working on Windows 7. Do you have the administrator privileges on your computer? Go download CCleaner, and install it on your PC. Uninstall Kies, then run CCleaner. This will delete any registry remnants Kies might have left behind. Reboot your computer, then reinstall Kies. Open Kies, and wait. It will prompt you of new component updates (these aren't released on the site last I checked), then select ok. Just wait for it to update then reboot the PC. Then try to connect your phone.

Upvote 0
Hi Chan, done all that numerous and numerous times, bored of it now, I have Advanced Stestemcare pro 3, CCleaner, Glary Util, TuneUp Utils and smart defrag 2 which I run every day when my systems start to slow down. Kies did work months ago but today installed it yet again and the kies shortcut appeared on the desktop and when I select that nothing happens, I have the usb drivers installed for my phone already so I dunno whats going on. You have any idea when ICS is coming out for the SGS2 or should I wait until CM9 is stable! thanks mate

Upvote 0
In countries outside the US and Europe, and if your Galaxy S is bought out of contract or straight from Samsung, Kies is the only official update method. The Check update function in the settings menu does not work.

I just remembered as well that if you got your phone off a contract, Kies seems to not work with the carrier firmware too well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones