Help with KiesSupport

1. rebel

rebel Member

Hi all
    Anybody know how to get Kies working with the galaxy portal
    I got it from Samsung yesterday as its now released for the portal, but it did not work, just like the pc suite that came with the phone

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

i have been on the kies website and it says that the phone is not supported yet
  3. rebel

rebel Member

Hmmm
    I went to my samsung and its showing Kies as the pc software
    [​IMG]
    took this pic from my page maybe I'm wrong ?
    Chhers
    Reb
  4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

That's a very recent change that kies supports the Spica/Portal.

This must mean the official v2.1 is close, as a samsung rep reported on a blog I read that the update will be delivered and installed via Kies.
  5. rebel

rebel Member

Yeah if I can get my mobile to work on it :(
    anybody had luck with this that can shed some light on it ?

thanks
  6. andy-roid

was this all ready on your phone
  7. Gurdeep.Singh.Mander

Gurdeep.Singh.Mander Well-Known Member

Ya! Just installed Kies. Phone got detected fine. Everything working as it should. Phonebook gets synced, media transfer etc. everything ok. Doesn't yet allow f/w upgrade though.
  8. prodikey

prodikey Member

samsung claims only support Omnia at this moments of time.
  9. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

I've downloadd it even if it's just so I can sync my phonebook!
  10. Gurdeep.Singh.Mander

For all those who are having trouble recognizing their phone from Kies/NPS/adb...

Unplug your phone from USB and do the following...

If you are on android 1.5 (cupcake) version:
    -- Go to... Main Menu >> Settings >> About Phone >> Additional Settings >> (here, make sure "Mass storage only" is unchecked. Make it unchecked if it is not.)

If you are on android 2.1 (eclair) version:
    -- Go to... Main Menu >> Settings >> Applications >> Development >> (here, make sure "USB debugging" is checked. Make it checked if it is not.)

That's it! Plug-in your phone again and your device should get recognized fine.

Hope this helps!

Update:

-- Just published screenshot and all that at my blog here http://voxigee.wordpress.com/2010/03/07/samsung-kies-for-galaxy-spica/
    -- Tried it with one of v2.1 (Eclair) ROM and working fine, couldn't yet get it to work with v1.5 (cupcake) though.
  11. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

Didn't work on mine :confused:

Well, it tells me that the device isn't supported.
  12. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

No, but it's the same version.
  13. andy-roid

thats daft because why dose it tell you to download it for the galaxy lite on there web site
  14. rusky

rusky Well-Known Member

Gurdeep.Singh.Mander says he has sync'd with this version, I can't:confused:
  15. svkndv

svkndv Well-Known Member

I followed the instructions of gurdeep still no luck, kies is not able to detect my device. Getting an infinite message "Connecting to device... please wait"

Samsung might be good in their hardware but they are utter failure in software, Take PC studio or Kies both does not have even a professional appearance. Seems to be a software developed by interns under the guidance of a first time product manager :)
  16. Gurdeep.Singh.Mander

@svkndv

Please try switching your usb ports while connecting and also keep scanning for hardware changes from the Device Manager. Sometimes the Serial ports acquired by samsung drivers are not refreshed automatically. Wish u luck :)
  17. Orfeas91

Orfeas91 Active Member

Hey all, Kies is working fine for me as well. Flashed to 2.1 (i570EXXJC3) today and I managed to sync my phone when I enabled USB debugging just like Gurdeep.Singh.Mander said. When I had 1.5 it didn't sync.
  18. rebel

rebel Member

I also get that message, tried switching ports around they are refreshing but no joy. I have left a service request at Samsung.
  19. andy-roid

it looks like to me like there some thing wrong with the driver
  20. andy-roid

there is some thing wrong because it will only connect in mass strage mode but mass storage mode is offf so i took the sd card out and now its telling me to put in the sd card
  21. andy-roid

been trying for 4 hours and still no joy so i give up has it got some thing to do with it being on t mobile
  22. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

No.

If you're running vista, make sure the drivers have been installed correctly and windows sees the phone correctly.

If you have NPS loaded, close it
  23. andy-roid

i installed it on my daugters xp laptop and it could only find mass strorage mode but it was turned off
  24. andy-roid

has any body got it to work with 1.5 yet if you have how did you do it