• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with locked Latte tablet

dougdog

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
I bought my daughter a Latte Ice LV70 tablet for xmas from Sears. She put in a password and now cannot remember what it is so we cannot access the tablet. I have searched and searched and all of the fixes listed online do not work! I tried holding the power + volume down, which puts it in safe mode, but still cannot access anything without a password. Any ideas? I tried doing a hard reset also with the tiny hole on the outside of the tablet, but again nothing happened! I called Latte Communications and their phone is disconnected. Any suggestions are welcome!

I bought my daughter a Latte Ice LV70 tablet for xmas from Sears. She put in a password and now cannot remember what it is so we cannot access the tablet. I have searched and searched and all of the fixes listed online do not work! I tried holding the power + volume down, which puts it in safe mode, but still cannot access anything without a password. Any ideas? I tried doing a hard reset also with the tiny hole on the outside of the tablet, but again nothing happened! I called Latte Communications and their phone is disconnected. Any suggestions are welcome!

Welcome to Android Forums, Doug.

You've got your hands on a device which seems to have a lot of issues, and very dismal support. The company telephone lines have been disconnected, and the support they offer seems to only be via email at the moment.

I'd try removing the sd card and using the reset port again. Be sure to hold long enough in that little port. If you can get it up and running, you'll likely see an OTA ("Over The Air") update, which is being reported as a fix for some of the issues. Leave the sd card out until you are sure you've got things going, and also be sure the card itself is not corrupted; as that can happen with a device which has what is called, "infant mortality," that is, a device which, although brand new, is close to being useless.

That tab does get fairly good reviews here and there, so maybe you'll be ok with it if you can get it going.

Please post back any changes, positive or negative. We'll do all we can to help. :)

Upvote 0
Try holding down either the volume or down button AND the power button at the same time for about 10 seconds. That might bring it into recovery mode, and you should be able to factory reset it from there. This will erase everything though.
when i put it into recovery mode, it gives me 4 options, but doesn't let me select any of them.. not even the reboot system now, and i know that the power button works so that's not the issue... any help further would be much appreciated... thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones