Help With Locking ?General

Last Updated:

1. cb85215

cb85215 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from the cursed BB Storm 1........

My corp security policy requires a lock password :(

Problem is, everytime I need to wake the phone, I need to type the fricking password.

Any suggestions for an easier method ? An app that can change the password entry to time instead of every wake-up. Maybe a pattern unlock on something easier ?

I have searched the forum, appbrain, etc. and can't find any specifics for the Incredible.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. Boomstk

Boomstk Well-Known Member

The pattern lock comes preloaded on the Dinc. On the home screen if you press Menu, settings... then Security, you will see "Use Visible Pattern". Once enabled it will ask you to enter the pattern you wish to use.

3. cb85215

Unfortunately, the pattern option is no longer available after the Exchange Sync rule forced me to add a keyboard unlock password :(

Any other thoughts ?

4. cb85215

5. bcm79

bcm79 New Member

Lockbot (Free) will also over-ride the password required to unlock the phone. Does anybody know if there's a way to have the screen turn off at one interval (i.e. 2 min), and require a password only at a longer interval (i.e. 15 min's). So far this feature is about the only thing I miss from my Windows POS phone.

6. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

I was wondering this too... any way to disable it without a 3rd party app? :(

-Elo