Help with 'low internal storage' warning

1. marctoday

marctoday New Member

My phone shows 84mb of 'data' in my email app. can I 'clear data' to make room available? and what is harm if any?

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The data will be your emails and settings etc.

Have you cleaned out the deleted items and sent items folder from within the app?
    marctoday likes this.
  3. marctoday

marctoday New Member

Thank you again for your response. Does 'clear data' from my android app also 'clear data' from my laptop account or gmail account of the same data? or am I clearing data only off my phone unit? which is what I want to do (the latter). How do I clear deleted email or sent email from the phone unit only?
  4. El Presidente

No probs :)

Are you using the app which came with the phone or a 3rd Party app? Also, is the account IMAP or POP?

The Clear Data shouldn't remove stuff from the PC etc, but it will remove the account from the phone entirely.
    NickanM likes this.
  5. marctoday

marctoday New Member

Thank you once again for your time. I am using the apps that came on the Samsung Galaxy Prevail. So, when I 'clear data' on the email app on my phone, and it erases the accounts that are presently set up to send emails to my phone (e.g. two from aol and one from gmail), when I re-set up those accounts on my phone will that automatically simply load my phone again with the 85mb of data on those accounts?
  6. El Presidente

The 85MB won't come back, it will redownload any mail in your inboxes so it will take up some space, but hopefully not the current 85MB.
    NickanM and marctoday like this.