• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with low on space

raging thunder - 3.85mb
mobile andrio - 1.98mb
mymsn - 1.59mb
fishing 2 - 1.56mb
imdb - 1.45mb
shazam - 1.39mb
channel 2 news - 1.18mb
ynet news - 932kb
yad2 - 776kb
color note - 692kb
mynotes - 444kb
getapp - 336kb

total around 14mb

on the app2sd it sais : total : 147.62mb avail:20.32mb

I don't know, doesn't sound right at all. I had lots of apps installed before I rooted. Including Google Earth which is huge.

Upvote 0
Widehead makes a good point, some apps absolutely eat memory by caching data. It's possible that the news apps might do that, especially if there's video involved, and the Market too seems to cache a fair bit. Go into settings> manage applications> all. Press menu and choose "sort by size". If, for example, channel 2 news is shown as 10mb, then there may be some data stored so click on it then press "clear cache". Don't press "delete data" because this affects the app itself. Continue on down the list app by app until you're into the 400kb apps which don't take up a lot of room. Personally I do this every day or two to maintain my memory at around 25 to 30mb.

Also check your e-mail client. I don't know about the native Mail app, but certainly K-9 mail will download an entire e-mail, including attachments. If you've received any large attachments on e-mails these take up phone memory too. I used to get some work e-mails with 5mb attachments and if 3 or 4 of these came in at once I could just watch my phone memory disappear at a frighteningly fast rate (I now use GMail to collect work e-mail until K-9 enables a "download headers only" option).

Steve.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones