Help with Maps App

Last Updated:

1. gmats

gmats Member This Topic's Starter

Aloha,

Was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this.

In maps.google.com you are able to "get directions" and then google maps will plot you a route. Now, often, the route is not ideal so you can drag and drop the route to a better routing. The directions will automatically update with the new route.

I was playing the the maps app in my Motorola Droid and trying to do the same. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find how to "reroute" portions of the trip.

I tried downloading and installing "my maps editor" app from the market but it doesn't seem to help. I was able to take a "My maps" and start to edit but there's no way I can see to pass this to "Nav". Bottom line in the end, I'd like to enter "my location" and "destination" and then modify the route to my liking and then have Nav get me there.

Sorry for the long question. I hope someone's got the answer out there.

Aloha,
    g

Advertisement
  2. anderson.mcdaniel

anderson.mcdaniel Active Member

I don't have an answer but have been wanting this also, so, bump

3. PowerTools

PowerTools Member

I do not know of a way to do this while in Directions mode. If, however, you are in Navigation mode, you can click Route Info and then there is an icon to allow you to select one of multiple alternate routes. The alternates will be listed at the top of the screen. Just click it to see the map update, then click the navigation arrow if you would like to navigate along that route.

This is certainly not as useful as waypoints or route dragging, but it is still good to know about.