Help with MS Office Sync to Vibrant, please!Support

Last Updated:

1. blindfaith05

blindfaith05 New Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I am brand new to the droid market and I need help! I upgraded my phone to the Vibrant mainly so that I could have more of a "work" phone and sync my phone with the MS Office suite on my laptop, but I have no clue how to do this effectively! I have downloaded the ThinkFree Mobile app so that I can open Excel and Word files, and have also downloaded the Dropbox app so that I can sync files to my phone from my computer. However, I have a few questions: 1) It doesn't look like my files are syncing to my phone with Dropbox once I make changes on my computer. 2) I am not able to edit files on my phone in either ThinkFree or Dropbox; shouldn't I be able to? and 3) How the heck do I get Outlook on my phone?

These may all be dumb questions, but I really need help! Any direction you guys can give me would be really, REALLY appreciated!! :confused:

Faith

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Maybe not much help but here goes.

3) You cannot 'get Outlook'. MS do not produce software for Android. You can connect the included email client to an Exchange server though. It's adding a new mail account but you'll need the details for the server and it has to be set up to allow mobiles/actisync in the first place.

3. blindfaith05

blindfaith05 New Member This Topic's Starter

Haha, I really have no idea what any of that means, but I'll ask around my office and see if anyone else does, thanks!