Help with MS Outlook on Droid ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. joePILE

joePILE Member This Topic's Starter

Well enterprise ready isnt all that ready.

I am having crazy trouble getting my work, microsoft outlook, email on my Droid, any and all help is super appreciated.

thanks, -joe

Advertisement
  2. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

Did you get the proper server address from your IT dept? Also the domain?

joePILE likes this.
  3. joePILE

pretty sure that i did, sadly we dont have a direct it department

i routed it all and occasionally get an email or two, but then there is an error. its only ever one or two emails and then there is another issue

4. kjjb0204

What's the error message?

5. joePILE

well i just plain dont receive emails and the sent emails for send because there is an authentication error

6. kjjb0204

if it's an authentication error, then there is something wrong with your user id and password.

7. joePILE

im entering it just like i always do, and this is the same info that i used when i set my email up with my Blackberry

8. joePILE

UPDATE:

i am receiving emails but can not send any... is that a different issue?

9. kjjb0204

Do you have a mailbox size limit at your company? If I'm over my allotted space, I can still get all messages but can't send new ones. Maybe try emptying out your sent and deleted items from your desktop? I'm still fairly new to Android too, so if anyone else has ideas....

10. joePILE

i dont have an allotment like that luckily, i think there might be an issue with the domain of my outgoing mail server... one of my coworkers is pulling some info for me

11. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Mine isnt pushing automatically no matter what settings I have set. It only dumps new email when opening the mail app. I have a license for Touchdown but was hoping I didnt have to load another app on my phone.

12. bbailey07

bbailey07 New Member

same problem here. did you have any luck yet? according to the idiot I spoke to from verizon, you have to pay 44 for the enterprise server access to get your "owa" email to work. I told her she is wrong and I don't want enterprise just owa, like a Blackberry offers. I told her that is what the pro is supposed to do that other droids DON'T. she forwarded me and then the next person said that she will have to submit the request for support to the Pro pros who will give her instructions. she is supposed to call me back after 5 tomorrow. pain in the butt.

13. RadYOacTiVe

I thought I figured out my problem, I set a custom battery profile and had off peak hours set at 12pm to 5am. I sent myself an email from gmail and it pushed. Now after an hour and a half I open my email and sure enough it starts downloading new email. I have a touchdown license. I may just use that and delete the account unless I can figure out why it's not pushing.

14. joePILE

i am looking into the touchdown application, but i still do not have all the info that i need.

dave, shivers316, is stopping by tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to help me

15. RadYOacTiVe

I noticed last night some emails are pushing and some are only coming thru when opening the email app. I think i'm going to get Touchdown and run both apps at the same time to see what rate of emails aren't pushing.

16. igot5onitt

igot5onitt Member

SOLVED

guys.. had the same problem.. here's how i fixed it (and didnt have to pay 44.. thats BS):

ISSUE: When trying to setup Corporate Sync (Exchange).. was receiving "authentication error". This likely is caused by the installation assistant not being able to resolve the exchange server.

What I found to be the most troubling part of installing corp sync was not being able to specify the owa address. Once I figured out how to specify.. it was CAKE

From the Corp Sync installation screen:
    1. For your email address.. enter username@ima2.company.com. When it can't connect to it.. it will ask you to specify the mail server. This is when you get to specify the owa address.
    2. Change the email address field back to the CORRECT address
    3. Enter domain (if required by your server), username (which may be your full email address), password
    4. Depending on how cheap your organization is.. you may be able to utilize the secure encryption.. try activating w/it checked.. if it doesnt work.. try it w/it unchecked. **NOTE: This Secure option will not be available until you complete step1 (and have the ability to enter custom owa address)
    Things to keep in mind:
    If when you go to your company's OWA/IMA site & your username is domain\username .. you must specify a domain as well as a username in order to get it working on your android.

If your Exchange server doesn't have a valid SSL license.. you will not be able to utilize a secure connection.. so uncheck it.

Hope this helps - post any questions pertaining to the issue.

Enjoy

17. igot5onitt

igot5onitt Member

When you initially configured this email account for your android.. did you select "Email" or "corporate sync"

Email
    -only allows scheduled checks for new messages. it's possible that it's currently set to manual (whenever you open the email app it checks for new messages"

Corp Sync
    -will allow for scheduled checks as well as PUSH. you of course will need to enable PUSH as it isnt enabled by default.

18. joePILE

well i found this out, mine is a basic POP3 and not exchange...so i guess im back to the drawing board why this isnt working.

i really hope that i can use the default email, because i like how it is set up

i have all the info that i need, at least i think so

19. igot5onitt

igot5onitt Member

does the incoming look something like:
    pop.emailsrvr.om
    incoming.emailsrvr.com
    mail.emailsrvr.com

if so.. you're on the right track

20. joePILE

UPDATE 2:

Dave (shiver316) and i tried everything this morning to figure this thing out to no avail.
    After he left our IT (contractor, barely ever here) came in and REALIZED that he never acquired the permission for our out going server to work with a typical POP3 format (i came from blackberry, BES is totally different and seamless...only thing it has over droid).
    SO he is getting the request in and hopefully this will be resolved by the end of the week

PHEW, thanks for all the help and responses...now we just need to get more Droid Pro's in people hands and populate this side of the forum!!!!!

21. deadhed61

deadhed61 New Member

I just went through the Corp sync with my new pro and everything is working just great! The only issue I am having now is the fact that after i went through the corp sync i was forced to create this crazy password the had to be over 8 letters, had to have at least 1 number, and also had to have at least 4 characters!! WTF!?!? When ever the phone is idle for 10 mins or so i have to enter this password to unlock the phone. I noticed that the Device Administrator is now changed to the Corporate Sync. Is there any way to change having to enter this password? Or is this just my company's security protocol? Co-workers with BB don't have to enter this password, so i kinda feel like there is a way around this. Any ideas?

22. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

23. igot5onitt

igot5onitt Member

moto sucks.. HTC FTW

24. ravenhawk

ravenhawk New Member

I've tried everything recommended above, but still no luck. I also get the "authentication error" error. We contract out our IT work (we're a 2 person company...) and they sent a guy in who spent 3 hours with my phone and our server and still couldn't fix the problem.

25. joePILE

well i have my corporate email working, again to update my post this is a NON-Exchange.

i had to use k9mail

i can not use the typical email that is with the phone, i wish i could as i like this set up better...im still trying this but im going to start another outlook thread, with the non-exchange title

good luck everyone and thanks for all the help on my first thread