help with my erisGeneral

Last Updated:

1. skd05

skd05 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi im about ready to root my droid eris with the Walkthrough] From stock (1.5) to rooted 2.1.there are a few things i wanted to know.once i root will i be able to still use the market store to get apps I have the astro manager on my eris will i be able to redownload that and use it and get my backups apps.last thing what if i just did part one on the walkthrough and did'nt do the Flashing a Custom Recovery.could i just stay there.

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

1) yes you can use the market still
    2) yes you can download your backups
    3) if you want you can just flash the 2.1 ROM and that would put you on 2.1 with root access

3. skd05

for #3 do you mean just put the PB00IMG.zip on my root of my sd card and not do the Flashing a Custom Recovery.i installed the pb00img.zip and i already have 2.1 is that right or do i have to do the Flashing a custom ROM Rooted 2.1 v0.8T2 zip file.Im stumped just want to do it right

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

You dont have to flash a custom rom. You are basically just like the leak,only u have the option to go back to 1.5

5. skd05

ok so i can stay this way but if i want to flash roms i have to do the next step an flash a custom recovery.im using Walkthrough] From stock (1.5) to rooted 2.1 (update - new link) .or is there a better way.

6. libraryclg

libraryclg Well-Known Member

Yes, you would need to have the recovery image on your phone so that you can reboot into recovery mode (Volume Up + Power). From there you would do the data/factory reset and dalvik-cache wipe, followed by flashing the ROM you would have saved to your SD card by selecting "Flash Zip from SDcard". Hope this helps.

7. skd05

I installed the sdk and the java .then i inatlled the usb package.then i usb debug on my phone. yesterday i went to device manager i could see a yellow? next to that was a yellow triangle with a exclamation in the middle.
    today it's not there what to do. Do i need to be rooted for all this to work like the command prompt wanted to see if i could get to the tools part to write in the codes. i wanted to see if every thing worked on my computer before i rooted my phone

8. libraryclg

libraryclg Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of is to make sure your phone still has usb debugging checked and that your SD card isn't mounted. Unfortunately I can't help you any further with that due to me rooting my phone using a Mac.

9. skd05

Yes my debugging is ckecked and no my phone is not mounted.Thanks anyways