Help with my HTC EVO 4GSupport

Last Updated:

1. jusblaize

jusblaize Member This Topic's Starter

android forums,

im new here because i just recently bought an htc evo i love it its the best phone ive had in a while. i just have a simple question i hope i can get answered on this forum.

on my htc i was looking through display, i see g sensor calibration and i perform this calibration and after i do so the screen seems to have a delay when switch from the horizontal position to the vertical position. its weird because when i switch to the phone horizontally it switch normally and responds fast. but when i switch back to vertically it takes almost 7 seconds to actually switch back, sometimes it switch within 2 or 3 secs but never as quick as switching horizontally. can anyone help me out to fix this problem is there a way? id appreciate the help. thanks a lot in advance.

Justin

Advertisement
  2. jusblaize

can anyone help me out

3. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the latest updates, which impact speed on the device in some unpredictable and unexpected ways. During system updates, your Evo may reboot and will take the g-sensor changes as last calibrated.

If you're already updated, shut down and repower (soft reboot) should do the trick.

4. jusblaize

M
    I actually updated my phone and after it started to do this. I restarted the phone plenty of times i even took the battery out for 30 seconds. It only does it when im texting on the browser, basically everything but the camera. He camera screen rotation is perfect. I even rooted the phone but i havent figured out how to use the root to fix the problem. Should i do a firmware update? Because i just did the htc software update.

5. Rigmaster

Ok. Can't help much with rooted phones but you should repost in the Root section where there are more people who can help with rooted phone issues.

6. jusblaize

The phone was having this problem before i rooted it.

7. Rigmaster

Ok, but the people in Root will be more helpful and usually go there before hitting other forum locations. Also, XDA developers forum probably has a fix for just about every issue so try there too.:D

8. jusblaize

Alright man sounds good ill try posting in the root section and on the other forum. Thanks for the help man

9. Rigmaster

This site's my favorite, but XDA has much more help in it. It's a little too visually intimidating, but XDA has helped me with phones throughout the years.

10. jusblaize

alright man thanks again for the info hopefully i can fix it myself instead of getting another htc evo.

11. jusblaize

i just fixed my htc evo screen rotation problem. all i had to do was go to settings>display and click g sensor calibration so exactly what it says to do and it fixed my problem finally im so happy i figured this out and even happier i did it myself.

12. hernanadezlv

hernanadezlv New Member

How did you fix it i've been trying to fix my phone because i have the same problem but nothing seems to help! please help :)

13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

have you tried the above trick? try to reboot and see of that helps. and also it might be helpful to describe in detail what is the issue, rather then having to read the entire thread.