help with my htc evo screen rotation

Last Updated:

1. jusblaize

jusblaize Member This Topic's Starter

android forums,

im new here because i just recently bought an htc evo i love it its the best phone ive had in a while. i just have a simple question i hope i can get answered on this forum.

on my htc i was looking through display, i see g sensor calibration and i perform this calibration and after i do so the screen seems to have a delay when switch from the horizontal position to the vertical position. its weird because when i switch to the phone horizontally it switch normally and responds fast. but when i switch back to vertically it takes almost 7 seconds to actually switch back, sometimes it switch within 2 or 3 secs but never as quick as switching horizontally. can anyone help me out to fix this problem is there a way? id appreciate the help. thanks a lot in advance.

MQuote:

Originally Posted by Rigmaster

Make sure you have the latest updates, which impact speed on the device in some unpredictable and unexpected ways. During system updates, your Evo may reboot and will take the g-sensor changes as last calibrated.

If you're already updated, shut down and repower (soft reboot) should do the trick.
    I actually updated my phone and after it started to do this. I restarted the phone plenty of times i even took the battery out for 30 seconds. It only does it when im texting on the browser, basically everything but the camera. He camera screen rotation is perfect. I even rooted the phone but i havent figured out how to use the root to fix the problem. Should i do a firmware update? Because i just did the htc software update.

Justin

Advertisement
  2. jusblaize

jusblaize Member This Topic's Starter

i just fixed my htc evo screen rotation problem. all i had to do was go to settings>display and click g sensor calibration so exactly what it says to do and it fixed my problem finally im so happy i figured this out and even happier i did it myself.

ashleydanielle likes this.
  3. ashleydanielle

ashleydanielle New Member

I have been reading online for hours trying to fix this thank you soo much !!! this 100% works. your a blessing ;)