Help with my Motorola Atrix battery!!

Last Updated:

1. Lybiiii

Lybiiii Member

I just got the Motorola Atrix 4G a week ago, and I have let the battery drain to zero three times, and each of the times I charged it, I waited until it was fully charged. But last night I went to bed with it fully charged and not on the charger and when I woke up the battery was completely drained!! Did I fry my battery already??? And what can I do to fix it??

Advertisement
  2. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

First off, go buy a new battery. Draining it is likely the cause for it no longer holding a charge. Now, after you get a new battery, DON'T EVER DRAIN IT AGAIN. These are lithium polymer ion batteries. They are not NiCd batteries. DON'T DRAIN THEM. They work better, and last longer, when only partially drained and re-charged. Please read up on them.

Battery information from Battery University
  3. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member

despite some accuracy in the hysterical rantings above, it is very unlikely that you caused any damage to your battery. While it's true that the LiPO cells do not like to be fully discharged, there is circuitry on the battery to ensure that they are never drained far enough to cause damage and the full discharge/recharge cycle can help to calibrate the 'gauge' on the battery which is what tells the phone the charge level of the battery. If one or two discharge/charge cycles does not help matters, then you either have a bad battery, or a bad phone. I'd not mess with it anymore but simply take it back to ATT and demand a replacement.
  4. animeware

animeware Well-Known Member

You can buy the 3500 mAh Battery off of E-bay or Amazon for the Atrix

just type in: Motorola Atrix Battery