Help with my Samsung Galaxy II home screen?Support

1. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy SII. Everything is working fine but I can't seem to remove this thing on my home screen. It's the box thing in the middle with the HW: PDA: Phone. Can anyone tell me specifically how to remove it?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Might be a silly question, but have you tried long pressing it and dragging it to the trash can?
  3. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

I did try that a lot of times but it's still there. Even when you make a new page it does not disappear.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Which variant of the galaxy s2 do you have so I can move this into the proper forum in case others might be know the answer to this?
  5. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

What do you mean by variant of Samsung Galaxy SII?
  6. DragonSlayer95

We have around 8 different forums for the gs2, is it known by another name?

Rather which carrier are you on?

I ask because you posted in the galaxy S3 forum.
  7. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

Oh I'm really sorry. The model number for my phone is GT-I9100
    I don't know if that helps though. My phone is the Korean version.
  8. DragonSlayer95

Not a problem at all, moved into the international s2 forum.

What happens when you try to drag it to the trashcan?
  9. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

When I drag it to the trash can it's still there. I make a new one, it's still there. It wasn't there before but after I updated it won't go away. It's a bit annoying.
  10. DragonSlayer95

I wish I could help you further but I've never seen that on my gs2 and I can't seem to find an option to enable/disable it on mine as well :(
  11. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

Back up all your important files(Contacts, messages, etc) and do a factory reset via the 3e Recovery Menu(Hold Vol Up+Home+Power).

Are you rooted or not?
  12. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

I never saw it before as well. I already tried resetting mine but apparently it just deletes everything but it still stays updated. I really appreciate your help even though you weren't able to provide a solution. I'm still thankful.
  13. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

My phone is not rooted yet.
  14. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Do you use a 3rd party launcher app?
  15. NevetsZylka

NevetsZylka Member

I do not know. How do I find out if I am using one?
  16. dontpanicbobby

When your at the homescreen tap the applications button and look for a program with launcher as part of it's name. These are usually for modifying the homescreen.
  17. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

He/She's using stock GB/ICS TouchWiz.
  18. dontpanicbobby

it's got to be a widget of some kind. I recognize the Galaxy Live wallpaper in the background and that does not have any options to add anything at least not on my t-mobile version. I wonder if the International version does? Wait a minute didn't the international version get the jellybean update already? Maybe this is something new with the Jellybean OS.
  19. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Don't know if it helps you SCPadgeebar but the poster appears to be running ICS, Android 4.0.3, for Slovenia, (Si.mobil), I9100SIMLP6, firmware on the handset.

I seem to remember something like this when a flash was done via Odin and a USB jig was used.
  20. kelis32

kelis32 Well-Known Member