Help with my Xperia x10Support

Last Updated:

1. DarkteK

DarkteK Member This Topic's Starter

Hi to all, first of all, I bought my xperia x10 along 1 week It is awesome and blah blah, but theres something wrong with my battery it just doesnt up more than 50%... sometimes 51% or 53% but no more...
    And even if it is charging it comes down.... I went to the store where i Bought it and they replace with some new, but it is still the same, i dont know if my xperia is bad as well...
    I didn't wanted to root it because i'm not sure if I need to change it .. :S... I'm really dissappointed, anyone have or had this same trouble?
    Btw I always charge the battery 8 hours...
    Plz help me...:(

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

First of all I would try running a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service or via PC Companion and click on Support. This will wipe your phone so make sure you have your contacts saved. If it is a software issue then this will resolve it.

There is also an app called Battery Graph by Morgan H. Download this and use it to track your battery charge over a couple of days. If this displays that it clearly does not take a full charge, take it back to the shop and get them to replace your phone - you can use this to show them the issue.

You have already eliminated the first obvious thing, which is the battery itself. The second thing that repair shops do is to run an update/repair so you can eliminate that step yourself. The other variables are the USB socket, usb lead, plug unit and the wall socket you plug it into.

Have you tried charging via a PC, it is slower than the wall but again may prove the fact that the unit won't charge above 50%.

I have had a problem with another user who was experiencing extreme hot and humid weather and the phone wouldn't take a full charge... could this also be a variable for you? (Don't know what the weather is like in Venezuela at this time of year!)

Anyway those are my thoughts, let us know how you get on.

DarkteK likes this.
  3. DarkteK

Thx rosered I'll Dl that app called Battery graph and tested for bout 4 days and tonight i'll charge the phone via usb..
    Repairing via usb just put the phone since zero right? Maybe I'll do that...
    In a few days I'll let u know what happen with my phone ^^

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

5. DarkteK

At least to that guy the battery was around the 80% and 100%, I even can't get that, in this moment im reinstallin the software with pc companion, let's see how goes after that
    Later I'll Download Battery Graph =)
    Btw thx for the help again rosered

6. DarkteK

Well after many time, I had to changed my Xperia, because it was ad from the fabric.... thx for all ur help ^o^
    Now I'm gonna upgraded :p