Help with Nandroid files.

Last Updated:

1. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just looking for a clarification here.

I understand that by doing an Nandroid backup, it backs up EVERYthing, from Rom, to apps, to data, all they way down to texts and every intimate detail about settings. I was wondering, when I do a Nandroid backup, and it saves the "nandroid" folder on my SD card, is this EVERYTHING I need?

Reason being is this.

I WAS running CyanogenMod6. I have a nandroid backup on my SD Card of it.

I switched to Ava's froyo rom.

I want to go back to Cyanogen using my nandroid but also want a nandroid of my Ava rom im running now.

Could I:

Transfer the Nandroid from my SD to my computer then create a NEW nandroid on my SD of AVA and have these be two complete backups of everything minus the special folders on my SD that isn't a Nandroid folder?

I guess in easier terms im asking, is the ENTIRE nandroid backup stored in the nandroid folder and contain just the

boot/data/system images along w/ the md5 file?

Advertisement
  2. suneater_alpha

suneater_alpha Member

Not exactly sure what your asking, but I will tell you, you can have as many nandroids as your phone can hold. And Nandroids are like mirror images of what your phone looked like. So, you can switch between two customized versions of two different Roms all day if you wanted.

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

+1... I have like 3 different Nandroids on my EVO.