help with nandroid restore for wildfireSupport

Last Updated:

1. johnsonr380

johnsonr380 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    I've. Rooted and flashed my HTC wildfire but I prefer the stock Rom so I use Rom manager and go to restore and select the file it appears TO restore with no faults showing and saying restore successful or something similar. I then reboot and it just keeps reebooting to the clockworkmod menu. I have done this over and over with the same result. I have read some threads. About different commands on cmd but I cant seem to clarify what needs to be done.

Help please

I just want to know if there is something I have done wrong, I have trawled everywhere but I cant seem to find a straight answer. I have lost all my contacts too just want to restore my phone to the way it was until I can find a rom I like but it appears to restore but will only boot to the clockworkmod recovery screen.

Advertisement
  2. johnsonr380

Any ideas????

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Tried a battery pull? or wipe data from clockwork

4. johnsonr380

Ive tried both still boots back to clockwork screen? Thanks for the reply any other ideas? Ive not no problems installing new roms

5. johnsonr380

Was thinking once I've backed up do I need to rename or. Move the folder or alter it in any way because currently its untouched

6. SUroot

No.

So even when you take out the battery and turn on the phone, the only thing that comes up is custom recovery?

7. johnsonr380

Well it goes straight to the clockworksmod menu every time

8. SUroot

Thats really odd. What on earth has happened to your Bootloader? It should load that then you should have to choose recovery from there.

Only thing I can think of is that the bootloader has somehow broken. If that is the case, you may only be able to recover by flashing an RUU from your PC.

You state you use rom manager. Did you root using unrevoked? If so, you have not only flashed clockworkmod recovery over your normal recovery, but used ROM manager to "flash" it too.

ROM manager doesn't flash clockwork mod though. It just puts update.zip on your SD card and boots into that. Did you at anypoint "Apply update.zip" from clockwork?

What happens if you remove the SD card?

9. johnsonr380

Yes used revoked so looks like ive made the error youve said in flasing. I cannot remember if I used the update.zip file sorry. Just tried taking out the memory card and done a reset this time it booted to. the last rom i flashed ??? Thanks again I'm a bit stuck

10. SUroot

Ok. Sounds like something dodgy us going om with you back up. Put sd back in, mount.as usb storage from recovery and scan for errors from your pc

Take a backup of this Rom too

If that doesn't work, copy content to pc, format, copy back.

Try restoring first backup. If no, try restoring new backup

Be prepared for first backup being corrupt