Help with Odin

Last Updated:

1. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im getting everything on my computer ready to flash the stock rom back to my phone in case I do something to it. My question is about the di18file download. In the directions it says to rename and take off the md5. I have no clue how to rename and take it off. I downloaded it and saved it to the desktop and when I choose to rename it doesn't have the md5 at the end. If I put the file in Odin it has the md5 and all the example pics don't have it at the end. How to I get it off?

Advertisement
  2. Musclehead84

So tell me if I got it right. When I clicked save file it brought up the save directory and what I did was erase the .tar and I put it back on and saved it to my desktop. It saved it now without the md5 on it and it says it is a tar archive file. I have no idea how me erasing .tar and then putting it back in took off the md5 at the end. Is the file saved correctly now as a tar archive and when I put it in Odin the md5 isn't at the end just .tar

3. Musclehead84

I figured out the reason why I couldn't see the md5 at the end cause my computer was checked to hide file extensions. Do you still have to rename the file or can you put it in Odin with the md5 at the end? Thanks

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Did you get everything figured out?